Monday, October 11, 2010

The Final Harvest

What a gorgeous weekend for the final Elliott harvest. Colin has been looking forward to this weekend for several weeks because Grandpa said he could help drive/ride "Frank" the combine. Lucky for Grandpa, Colin has given all the machinery nicknames with Frank coming from the combine in the movie "Cars." :)Grandpa had been working hard all week long and saved a special field just for Colin.

Before the harvest began, we headed out to the buildings to visit the tractors and get some quick photos while we waited for the dew to dry on the grass.


The boys had to warm up by riding the lawn tractor first.


Then we were off to the field for Franks final chapter in Elliott farming.



It was a great year both for the wheat and soybeans so it was the perfect final year and the start to a stress free retirement! Congratulations!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, driving Frank would be every boy's dream (I think that's the biggest combine I've ever seen in my life)! The boys are lucky they got to share in the fun!

I'm glad it was a productive final year. I hope your dad enjoys his retirement, Jason.

Anonymous said...

Boy, that makes me sad! But a good feeling for Jim & Donna.
A great year w/ record crops & prices.Couldn't have been better timing!
Congratulations and enjoy!