Monday, May 16, 2011

Lil' Hoopster


Colin has really been loving basketball and loves to see how many baskets he can get in a row. He will shoot for an hour or more whether Jason is shooting with him or just alone. He started out getting four in a row that led to 8, 12, and his current record is 40!!! Jason started counting with him at 7 so it is legit. The kid is a stud! He hasn't gotten close to that record again but he is persistent and loves the challenge so I have no doubt he gets there again this summer. It is so cute to see him get so excited and really heave the ball in the air. Jason reassures me that at this age it is not important to teach him correct technique so I think it is great fun to watch him. Awesome job, Colin!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I looks like regulation height. Way to Go, Colin!

Billie said...

I thought the same thing: it looks like the regular height for the basket, too! Holy cow!

Grandma/Grandpa E said...

Colin you are turning into an all around little athlete. Soccer, baseball and now basketball looking forward to the years ahead and following you Justin and Adam.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that HE loves basketball!! Such a fun sport!

Vickie W said...

Oops! I'm the "anonymous" commentor!

Jason and Angie said...

To qualify a little, he is using a "youth" ball and the rim is at 9 ft.