After the 5K finished up the 3 boys did the kids race. The kids race was a bit chaotic. The event actually had to relocated due to all the rain so the kids run ended up being about 1/4 mile along a bike trail. Justin was a speedster just steps behind Colin. We thought Adam would do the run, but he ended up being carried by Jason. There were just so many kids I think he got a bit scared of all the people. He lined up in a ready stance but after the start he was quickly in the safety of daddy's arms. It was a fun morning!
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Time to Fly 5K
This weekend Colin ran his first 5K in the Time to Fly event to raise funding for childhood cancer research. He was AWESOME!! The plan was to run with Aunt Deborah and cousin Karl, but unfortunately Deborah got sick with strep throat and couldn't run. The first mile we battled crowds and crowds of people setting a 9 minute pace. We kept the pace steady with another 9 minute mile, and then Colin decided he was feeling good. He loves hills and wouldn't you know there was a small hill at mile 2. He tackled the hill and never looked back finishing with a sub 8 minute last mile and final time of 25:54. I was not able to keep up with my my speedster on that hill so I told him to go ahead and finish strong. My 8 year old is faster than me, but I told him to just wait til Daddy is allowed to run. Then we can really test his speed endurance. :) For now I think it awfully sweet he and I can go running together.
After the 5K finished up the 3 boys did the kids race. The kids race was a bit chaotic. The event actually had to relocated due to all the rain so the kids run ended up being about 1/4 mile along a bike trail. Justin was a speedster just steps behind Colin. We thought Adam would do the run, but he ended up being carried by Jason. There were just so many kids I think he got a bit scared of all the people. He lined up in a ready stance but after the start he was quickly in the safety of daddy's arms. It was a fun morning!







After the 5K finished up the 3 boys did the kids race. The kids race was a bit chaotic. The event actually had to relocated due to all the rain so the kids run ended up being about 1/4 mile along a bike trail. Justin was a speedster just steps behind Colin. We thought Adam would do the run, but he ended up being carried by Jason. There were just so many kids I think he got a bit scared of all the people. He lined up in a ready stance but after the start he was quickly in the safety of daddy's arms. It was a fun morning!


No comments:
Post a Comment